Friday, July 19, 2013

Running in the heat. aka finding lots of reasons not to run.

Hey Jacey - how is your training going?

I developed a half marathon training plan for Jacey.  I even scheduled it around her current life (because i didn't just half ass this/download hal higdon's plan and email it to her -- she is more than capable of doing that on her own). 

Last night, i got a text asking "what if i run in place for 30 minutes in my airconditioned apartment...does that count?"

No. No, that totally doesn't. But i feel her pain.  Its well over 90 with high humidity out here in Chicago (I'm assuming it is just as hellish in Milwaukee..) - everytime i think of running I also think "naw, girl, your ass looks good. you can skip this workout." But I went last night and did a speed workout. In the heat. Because I remember when my ass DIDN"T look good. and I don't want to go back to that place ever again. 

So - Jacey - did you end up running? Aside from running in the heat being just about the most miserable thing anyone can do - how is the training going so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment