Friday, August 2, 2013

Running in the heat, part deux

Hey Lilly.  Way to make us all look like amateurs by doing speed work in the heat.  Well played.

I didn't run in the heat like you did.  I made the call that I should wait until morning for my run, because it was allegedly going to be in the 70s.  It was not.  Or it might have been that I slept a little later than I should have?  Let's blame the meteorologists though, because they're wrong ALL the time.

So I ran.  In the morning.  With NO SUNGLASSES.  It was awful.  I could feel crows feet growing on my face.  Also I think there may have been a situation with my ipod that day, like I maybe had to use my ipone instead because my ipod likes to just uncharge at random without being used.  

I should probably clarify here.  Lilly's plan has me do 2 short runs during the week and a longer run on the weekend.  I flopped the longer run, it's early in the plan, so it was a 3 miler, with a shorter run to accommodate the fact that I would have to run on a treadmill over the weekend.  I HATE TREADMILL RUNNING.  Anyways, the run was going just fine, a bit slow because it was HOT and MUGGY and I was UNHAPPY.  So I finish the run (is it okay that I ran just OVER 3 miles when you said 3 miles?  It felt like it was okay) in my usual spot and realize, "hey genius, you've been sweating buckets and you now have to walk up some stairs and then a slight incline to get to you building.  nice planning."  I had to take five at the top of the steps to contemplate voming, but I stayed strong, walked home, and when I got home and the water wasn't cold enough to drink, I shoved my head in the sink.  Then I packed my stuff and left for Dallas, where I did my 2 miler on the treadmill next to a bunch of people who were walking.  I would be lying if I said I didn't strut through the hotel gym after my speedy run past all the other people who were leisurely walking and leisurely biking.  It's possible there was a hot guy in the gym lazily biking at the end of the machine... it's also possible that I walked over and did my stretching and ab work in his line of view and gave him a "you're welcome" nod when I was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment